Member Ribbon Cuttings
If you are a Geneva Chamber Member, we would love to celebrate your important occasion with a ribbon cutting. Please send us your preferred date at your earliest convenience. We look forward to celebrating this special event with you and your business.
RIBBON CUTTING SCHEDULE
Ribbon cuttings are booked no less than (2) weeks in advance and are scheduled on Monday-Thursday before 5 pm and Friday before 3 pm.
MEMBER RIBBON CUTTING BENEFITS
- Once the logistics for the ribbon cutting are set, we contact the Mayor of Geneva, Aldermen, board, staff, and ambassadors. (The mayor makes every effort to attend ribbon cuttings, however we cannot guarantee attendance)
- Your ribbon cutting is posted on the Chamber website on our events calendar. It is emailed to membership through our weekly email and posted on social media the day of the event. We will add it to our newsletter if it has been scheduled before newsletter deadline.
- We provide the BIG scissors and “official” ribbon.
- On anniversaries, we provide confetti cannons.
- Geneva Chamber of Commerce takes photos and videos to post on social media. Our Communication Director sends a press release to our major press contacts regarding the event.
These are just tips and are not required for your ribbon cutting celebration.
- Invite friends, family, and customers.
- Provide snacks and refreshments for your attendees. If you want any recommendations, we would be happy to supply a list of our members that can help.
- Add excitement to your event by offering discounts and door prizes.
- Please feel free to do what you are comfortable with. Most important is “showcasing” your business as this is your day!
- Please note: Once the event has been scheduled, we STRONGLY suggest there be no change to date or time.
- HAVE FUN!
Contact Robyn Chione at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-232-6060 to schedule your ribbon cutting celebration.